34th Arthur C. Clarke Award short-list arrives (news).
The shortlist for the 34th Arthur C. Clarke Award for science fiction literature has arrived …
- The City in the Middle of the Night – Charlie Jane Anders (Titan).
- The Light Brigade – Kameron Hurley (Angry Robot).
- A Memory Called Empire – Arkady Martine (Tor).
- The Old Drift – Namwali Serpell (Hogarth).
- Cage of Souls – Adrian Tchaikovsky (Head of Zeus).
- The Last Astronaut — David Wellington (Orbit).
Award Director, Tom Hunter, told SFcrowsnest, “Listening to the deliberations of our judges this year, I was reminded again of the depth of passion that can power and unite our science fiction community, and what shines through for me in the choices of this year’s panel is this sense of shared love for the sf genre. There are familiar themes here, from first contact and colonisation to the ravages of war and the end of the world, but all retooled with eyes firmly fixed on science fiction’s future as well as its long history.”
This year’s winner will be announced in a date to be announced, during September 2020.